CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Hello Newbie Blogger Here:)

I Originally started this blog because I'm a stay at home mom who is trying to find a way to make extra money off to the side. I came across this blog that had a link to a PayPerPost money making opportunity, so I thought I would try it out.

Not only do I want to try PayPerPost out, but I like the idea of having a place to come to at the end of my busy day and talk about my life.

Like I said I'm a stay at home mom, with 3 kids all boys, yes I said all boys!! :) (*read profile for more info) And I'm very happily married. I haven't always been a stay at home mom though. I use to work for a golf resort in Bandon Oregon called Bandon Dunes. I was a housekeeping supervisor, and I worked there for nearly 8 years, starting when I was 17. I worked nearly 12 hours a day. I loved working there and especially loved the money I was making. But I started having problems with my back a couple of years into doing housekeeping there, and now I have 2 herniated discs in my lower back. It made it very painful for me to continue the work that I was doing. So my Hubby came up with a solution to move us to where he grew up here in Springfield Oregon, so that he can get a better paying job. He did find a really good job at a lumber mill here, enough that I was able to quit my job back in October. It was a little scary at first, it still is scary. But once I faced the fact that it really was for the better and that I can devote my time to my children and my hobbies, I started to relax.

Once I got over missing my job, and all my friends, I started realizing I'm really liking the idea of staying home with my kids. My oldest son who is 6 is doing much better in school now, I'm able to play with my kids more and not be in pain. And I was able to start making a business out of my craft hobbies.

I make handmade jewelry and unique beaded bookmarks. I sell them on a site called Etsy. I know I'm not going to get rich off of it, but it's something I really love to do and I make enough on my sales to buy more supplies. So it keeps me and my hubby happy. :)

So since I'm a very busy momma, I'm hoping I will have time for this blog. I would like to see what it will turn out to be for me and and to see who is actually going to read it...lol.

I love to meet new people, specially other mommas like me. So feel free to leave comments. :)
Oh and please take a look at my shops off to the side. You might find something you just can't live without. :)

0 comments: